Summer Storytime Provider
Plan, prepare, and present engaging storytimes to children (primarily toddler-preschool) at the library every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 10:30am, June through August 2019.
Total of 24 paid hours at $12.69/hour (3 discretionary prep hours per each 1 hour storytime).
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent minimum
- Effective Public Service and Interpersonal Skills: Responsiveness, courtesy, helpfulness, the ability to communicate clearly, a neat personal appearance, and an orderly work space
- Flexibility, patience, and a genuine enjoyment in working with young children
- Experience planning and conducting successful programs for young children is preferred
- Library experience is preferred
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read aloud to children in an entertaining manner
- Develop and present interactive storytimes that include a variety of activities engaging to young children (books, songs, fingerplays, role play, flannel stories, puppets, games, crafts, snacks, etc.)
- Obtain books and supplies necessary for each storytime
- Assume responsibility for managing prep time to sufficiently prepare for each storytime within the hours allotted
- Submit planned expenditures to the Director for approval and manage receipts
- Report accurate counts of adults and children at each storytime
- Develop publicity for Summer Storytime
- Complete and submit a timecard for each pay period
Please send application and resume to the Chatfield Public Library at 314 S. Main St., Chatfield, MN 55923 or digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.