Information directly from SELCO website:
SELCO is migrating to a new Storage Area Network (SAN) during the week of May 13, 2013. The SAN stores all SELCO data and the virtual servers that provide most of our services. A few points to be aware of:
- Data and server migrations will be carried out each evening (starting on Monday) between 9:00 PM and 6:00 AM. During these hours some SELCO services will be unavailable as we migrate the servers that provide those services.
- Since we are carrying out all migrations after 9:00 PM, we do not expect any SELCO services to be down during business hours. If a given server fails to migrate, we will simply revert to the copy on our existing SAN and try again the next evening after troubleshooting the problem. We realize that patrons use some services from home after 9:00 PM, but disruption during those hours is unavoidable.
- We do not expect all services to be down at all times; servers not actually being migrated will remain up and functional, assuming other servers they rely upon are also up.
- It is extremely difficult to predict how long it will take to migrate a given server and its data. For this reason, we cannot say exactly when specific services will be unavailable. There is a schedule but we intend to be nimble and move more quickly when possible.
- We are starting on Monday night with Horizon-related servers.
- eBook access will be unaffected by this project.
- We expect to be finished no later than the evening of Friday, May 17, 2013.