Please send completed applications to the Chatfield Public Library at 314 Main St. S., Chatfield, MN 55923 or to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Plan, prepare, and present engaging storytimes to groups of children (primarily toddler-preschool) at the library every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 10:30am.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent minimum
- Effective Public Service and Interpersonal Skills: Responsiveness, courtesy, helpfulness, the ability to communicate clearly, a neat personal appearance, and an orderly work space
- Flexibility, patience, and a genuine enjoyment in working with young children
- Experience planning and conducting successful programs for groups of young children is highly preferred
- Library experience is preferred
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read aloud to groups of children in an entertaining and engaging manner
- Develop and present interactive storytimes that include a variety of activities engaging to young children (books, songs, fingerplays, role play, flannel stories, puppets, games, crafts, snacks, etc.)
- Obtain books and supplies necessary for each storytime
- Assume responsibility for managing prep time to sufficiently prepare for each storytime within the hours allotted (approximately 2 hrs prep time per 1 hr storytime)
- Submit planned expenditures to the Director for approval and manage receipts
- Report accurate counts of adults and children at each storytime
- Complete and submit a timecard for each pay period