- Users are expected to read and abide by the “Chatfield Public Library Internet Access Policy and Guidelines for Use of Library Workstations” posted by the computers before using the library’s computers.
- Parents, guardians and caregivers are responsible for their children’s use of the computers.
- Computers will not be used for illegal activity, to access illegal materials, or to access materials which by local community standards would be considered obscene.
- Users will respect copyright laws and licensing agreements.
- Users will not make any attempt to gain unauthorized access to restricted files or networks, or to damage or modify computer equipment or software.
- Users will make prompt payment at the circulation desk when printing materials on the Library’s copier/printer. Black and white copies cost 25 cents, color copies cost 50 cents.
- Users will “check-out” time on computer workstations with a valid library card and PIN.
- Workstations are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Access sessions will be limited to 60 minutes. Users may log in for another 60 minutes only if no one else is waiting to use a computer.
- Users must end their session and leave the terminal when asked to do so by library staff.
- Users will respect the privacy of other users, and will refrain from attempting to view or read material being used by others.
- Users may share a workstation as long as their behavior or conversation does not disturb other users or Library staff.
For more details concerning these rules of conduct see the Internet Access Policy and Guidelines for Use of Library Workstations.
This revision approved by the Chatfield Public Library Board of Trustees, April 20, 2009.